Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 3

15/5's

 
2/1/14
  • Our team had a Google Community meeting.
  • It was agreed that I would assist Alfonso with some of his documentations.
  • I reorganized some of the documents on the site to match with any team updated documents.
  • I worked for 45 minutes on the site.  
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
2/2/14
  • David asked me to add a few documents to the site, which were the notes and updated agenda for the team meetings.
  • I updated the team meeting page.
  • I decided to reorganize the team document page by adding two links for agendas and meeting notes.
  • I worked for about an hour on the site.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
 
2/3/14
  • I added the updated charter to the site.
  • I looked over the project documentation that needs to be added to the site and decided to go ahead and start creating the necessary pages without adding them to the site yet.
  • I worked on the site for almost an hour.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
 
2/4/14
  • I worked on the 15/5s.
  • I created pages for the design documentation portions of the project.
  • I went ahead and added the different titles, with broken links.
  • I worked on the site for two hours.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
 
2/5/14
  • I made the final weekly touches to the website.
  • I added the last of the 15/5s.  
  • I added a few (will be) pages to the site under the charter and project plan pages. 
  • I worked for about an hour on the site.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
Total hours for the week: (Almost) 6 Hours 
 

Reflection:

  • What did I do? I updated the site and reorganized some of the pages throughout the week. I added several pages, updated some links, and created pages that will be added as the project progresses.
  • What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals? My role continues to be important in the group because this is where we will collect and organize our project. We use this site as the framework for our document display and presentation. I was able to get a jumpstart on creating the rest of the pages that will be necessary for the site to be complete. It was also decided that I will start helping with evaluation materials and analyses, so I will be adding to my goals.
  • When did I do this before? Where could I use this again? I will continue to use this site throughout the semester, as well as in the future. I am actually using Google Sites to create an online course for another class. This experience with this project is providing me with many opportunities to grow as a developer.
  • Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did? The pattern I followed is staying on a deadline. I made sure that each part of the site was complete at a specific date and time. Mondays and Tuesdays are for updating documents, Wednesdays and Thursdays are for finalizing personal and team 15/5's. The other days are for updating the site in terms of design. 
  • How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?  My calendar of deadlines is continuing to work for me. I need to keep updated on my team's 15/5's. I do not like waiting so late in the week to add all the updates at once. I need to work on my time management when it comes to adding the team agenda and notes. These items need to be added as soon as the documents are complete.
  • What should I do next? What's my plan / design? My next step is to add the remaining pages to the site. Since I went ahead and created the pages, I will work on linking them to their titles. I need to start adding the content analysis documents to the page. I also need to speak to Alfonso about what help he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment