Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Week 2

15/5's
 
1/23/14
  • I finished updating and editing the website.
  • I added the final touches to the site (bios), as well as changed the background.
  • I presented the website to the class.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete as an entity, 100% Complete for presentation purposes
 
1/24/14
  • After presenting, I needed to make some adjustments.
  • I added a "Team Documents" page, as well as a "Project Plan" page.
  • Somehow the "Our Team" page became jumbled, so I spent thirty minutes trying to get the pictures and text back in order. 
  • I started working on embedding documents, but it won't work.
  • I worked on the website for almost two hours.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
 
1/26/14
  • My team started sending me documents that needed to be embedded to the site.
  • I spent thirty minutes working on uploading and converting documents using Google Docs.
  • Embedding documents to the site proved to be a task to be deemed a little more difficult than I thought. I could not get the documents to embed, even though it says it was working.
  • After some research, I discovered that without the compatibility mode being on, through IE, document embedding will not work properly. I used a different browser, and the documents embedded with no problem.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
 
1/27/14
  • I worked on the 15/5s.
  • I decided to reorganize the 15/5s. I added a description on the main 15/5s page. Instead of having them by the week, continuously on one page, I added a link by week. It took some time to reorganize because my computer locked up.
  • I decided to add a navigation bar for the 15/5s for organizational and feasible purposes.
  • I worked on the site for two hours.
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
 
1/29/14
  • I made the final weekly touches to the website.
  • I added the last of the 15/5s.  
  • I added a few documents to the site under the "Team Documents."
Task at hand: Team Website- 50% Complete
 
Total hours for the week: 6
 

Reflection:

  • What did I do? I updated the site and reorganized some of the pages throughout the week. I added several pages, as well as an extra documents tab. I was able to learn how to embed documents directly into the site.
  • What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals? My role is important in the group because this is where we will collect and organize our project. I was able to embed our documents into the site, as well as set up a Google Docs component, specifically for our product essentials. This is an important step in completing the site because not only can the members edit and compose documents into the site, but our client can also use the site to keep up-to-date on their product. They can see the stages and documents that the team is composing. Everything that anyone works on can be added to the site, as everyone has access.
  • When did I do this before? Where could I use this again? I now have a greater understanding of the components of the site. I spent some time researching Google Sites and its offerings. I will continue to use this site throughout the semester, as well as in the future. Now that I have researched and explored the site, I have more ideas of how to use the site to my advantage.
  • Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did? The pattern I followed is staying on a deadline. I made sure that each part of the site was complete at a specific date and time. There are some components that I need to keep more up to date on.
  • How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?  My calendar of deadlines is continuing to work for me. I still need to work on my communication with the team to make sure that I get all of my information that needs to be added to the website. I need to work on my time management when it comes to adding more to the site earlier in the week.
  • What should I do next? What's my plan / design? My next step is to add the remaining pages to the site. There are several pages that I need to include as the product progresses and the members begin completing other portions of the product. I need to start adding the charter and team documents, as well as add the audio files and mock ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment